IRONIC BAREMETAL partitioned image not spawning.

Akshay 346 Akshay.346 at hsc.com
Wed Dec 2 13:27:18 UTC 2020

++ log file.

Regards
Akshay

-----Original Message-----
From: Akshay 346
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 6:52 PM
To: Julia Kreger <juliaashleykreger at gmail.com>
Cc: openstack-discuss at lists.openstack.org
Subject: RE: IRONIC BAREMETAL partitioned image not spawning.

Hi Julia,

Thanks for your response.

I have used "iscsi" as deploy_interface and  installed sgdisk (gdisk) on both ironic_conductors and then tried to spawn a BM node.
Then it failed stating about "parted is missing". Then I installed "parted" on both ironic_conductors and then tried again.

This time it failed stating:

2020-12-02 17:08:39.508 1 ERROR ironic.drivers.modules.agent_base Command: parted -a optimal -s /dev/disk/by-path/ip-10.10.20.62:3260-iscsi-iqn.2008-10.org.openstack:b40ef46f-e754-401f-b414-2c8ce05cdfec-lun-1 -- unit MiB mklabel msdos mkpart primary  1 481281 set 1 boot on
2020-12-02 17:08:39.508 1 ERROR ironic.drivers.modules.agent_base Exit code: 1
2020-12-02 17:08:39.508 1 ERROR ironic.drivers.modules.agent_base Stdout: ''
2020-12-02 17:08:39.508 1 ERROR ironic.drivers.modules.agent_base Stderr: 'Error: The location 481281 is outside of the device /dev/sdc.\n'

About my BM node: It has 2 physical disks only.

Do you have any idea about this ?

Thanks
Akshay