[tripleo] Deployment update (node addition) after changing aggregate groups/zones

Ruslanas Gžibovskis ruslanas at lpic.lt
Wed Dec 2 10:57:48 UTC 2020

Hi all.

After changing the host aggregate group and zone, I cannot run OpenStack
deploy command successfully again, even after updating deployment
environment files according to my setup.

I receive error bigger one in [0]:
2020-12-02 10:16:18.532419 | 52540000-0001-cf95-492f-0000000003ca |
 FATAL | Nova: Manage aggregate and availability zone and add hosts to the
zone | undercloud | error={"changed": false, "msg": "ConflictException:
409: Client Error for url:
http://10.120.129.199:8774/v2.1/os-aggregates/1/action, Cannot add host to
aggregate 1. Reason: One or more hosts already in availability zone(s)
['Alpha01']."}

I was following this link [1] instructions for "Configuring Availability
Zones (AZ)" steps to modify with OpenStack commands. And zone was created
successfully, but when I needed to add additional nodes, executed
deployment again with increased numbers it was complaining about an
incorrect aggregate zone, and now it is complaining about not empty zone
with error [0] mentioned above. I have added aggregate zones into
deployment files even role file... any ideas?

Also, I think, this should be mentioned, that added it after install, you
lose the possibility to update using tripleo tool and you will need to
modify environment files with.

[0] http://paste.openstack.org/show/800622/
[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/features/distributed_compute_node.html#configuring-availability-zones-az