[neutron][ops] q-agent-notifier exchanges without bindings.

Arnaud Morin arnaud.morin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 06:07:15 UTC 2020

Hi again,

If I understand correctly neutron code, we have security group rule
update notified twice:
First with SecurityGroupServerNotifierRpcMixin [1]
Second with ResourcesPushRpcApi [2]

Can someone involved in neutron code confirm that?

It seems that, in OVS agent implementation, [1] is not used (my agent
is not consuming those messages), but neutron server is sending
messages in this exchange.
This is why I have unroutable messages.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/3793f1f3888a85fc5e48c0e94e6a9f3c05e95c43/neutron/db/securitygroups_rpc_base.py#L40
[2] https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/f8b990736ba91af098e467608c6dfa0b801ec19c/neutron/api/rpc/handlers/resources_rpc.py#L198