[cloudkitty] Resuming CloudKitty IRC meetings

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 20 19:22:31 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-20 13:37:53 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:

> > "biweekly-odd Occurs on odd weeks (ISOweek % 2 == 1)"
> >
> > "Odd/Even and week numbers are based on the ISO week number. ISO
> > weeks can be checked with %V in GNU date(1)"
> >
> > I think some people have assumed it's even/odd week numbers in a
> > month rather than even/odd week numbers counting from the epoch.
> > Technically we have frequencies like "first-tuesday" and
> > "third-tuesday" to address specific week numbers in a month rather
> > than truly alternating weeks.
> Based on the existing description, that appears to be the intent. So it
> had been the first and third weeks of the month, so therefore the odd
> weeks. But then we at least have a mismatch between phrasing used and
> what yaml2ical generates, so the description does need to be updated.

And even I'm easily confused by this, as evidenced by the fact that
above I confused epoch weeks with ISO annual week counts. As the
README.rst suggests, if you have a "53-week" year then you get ISO
odd weeks back to back between the end of that year and the start
of the next, or a pair of ISO even weeks which are three weeks apart
instead of two.
--
Jeremy Stanley