[tripleo] Help needed to write a Third Party integration guide

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 16:38:03 UTC 2020

Hi people,

We have been requested several times (for good reasons) about how to write
out-of-tree files for TripleO integration (Heat templates, Ansible roles,
Container Images layouts, etc).
For example, Dell has an external repository (
https://github.com/dell/tripleo-powerflex) where they have pretty much all
they need to install their services in out-of-tree fashion (I'm sure there
are more examples, this one is just the most recent in my knowledge).
This model is recommended for the third party services that aren't part of
TripleO but still want to be integrated with it.
This usually fits when the service can't be maintained by the TripleO team
but there is a desire from outside of the community to maintain some
integration (e.g. vendors).

We haven't done a good job at providing a full end to end guide on how to
achieve this and very often asked people to just do it. I propose that we
work on this guide together and today I'm gathering for volunteers who have
knowledge on that field or are interested to learn about it and contribute
it back directly into a new guide, hosted on tripleo-docs repo.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1892072

This will probably involve a bunch of linking to existing docs but also a
good opportunity to update what is outdated in our content and provide more
information where needed.

Thanks for letting us know if you're interested to be actively contributing
into that effort,
--
Emilien Macchi