Can't fetch from opendev.

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Aug 18 15:24:14 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-18 12:19:35 +0200 (+0200), Daniel Bengtsson wrote:
[...]
> I try only to do a fetch on this remote. I have no explicit error.
> But the fetch blocks indefinitely.
[...]

Thanks, that's an important detail. So you're running this:

    git fetch https://opendev.org/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates

and it just hangs indefinitely and never returns an error?

This makes me suspect a routing problem. I've seen it most often
when users have broken IPv6 routing locally. If you're using Git
2.16 or later, it provides the option of specifying IPv4 or IPv6 on
the command line. To test this, add a -4 after the "fetch" like:

    git fetch -4 https://opendev.org/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates

One reason I suspect this might be the problem is that GitHub is
IPv4-only, so if you have something black-holing or blocking traffic
for global IPv6 routes, then that could cause the behavior you're
observing.
--
Jeremy Stanley