[tripleo] Specify different interface name in single nic vlans without external network installation

Marco Marino marino.mrc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:17:50 UTC 2020

Hi, I'm trying to install openstack using tripleo on preprovisioned
servers. My (desired)  environment is quite simple: 1 controller and 1
compute node. Here is what I did:
- Installed undercloud with 192.168.25.0/24 as a ctlplan subnet. local_ip =
192.168.25.2; undercloud_public_host=192.168.25.4; undercloud_admin_host =
192.168.25.3
- Installed 2 servers (compute and controller) with centos 8. Hardware
requirements are satisfied (32 GB of ram, 100GB disk....)
- Manually created user stack on compute and controller and added it to the
sudoers list.
- Manually Installed openstack repositories (sudo -E tripleo-repos -b
ussuri current-tripleo-rdo)
- Manually installed openstack required openstack packages:  sudo yum
install python3-heat-agent* -y

Now I'd like to use 192.168.25.0/24 as "installation network" (network used
by ansible) and I'm trying to configure one single nic with vlans. Please
note that on all servers (undercloud included) I have 2 physical interfaces
with the same name: enp1s0 and enp7s0. enp1s0 is used for a completely
openstack-detached network: 192.168.2.0/24 and enp7s0 is used for
192.168.25.0/24
More precisely:
Controller-0 = 192.168.25.10
Compute-0 = 192.168.25.20

Furthermore, I confirm that I can reach <local_ip> from both nodes using
ping and curl (on port 8004). And I added 2 lines in /etc/hosts on
undercloud:
192.168.25.10 controller-0
192.168.25.20 compute-0

Now I'm really confused about what to do. I tried with:

openstack overcloud deploy --templates --disable-validations -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/deployed-server-environment.yaml
-e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/network-isolation.yaml
-e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/net-single-nic-with-vlans.yaml
-e templates/network-environment-overrides.yaml -e
templates/ctlplane-assignment.yaml -e templates/nameservers.yaml -e
templates/node-info.yaml -e templates/hostnamemap.yaml  -n
templates/network_data.yaml

node-info.yaml: http://paste.openstack.org/show/796840/
hostnamemap.yaml: http://paste.openstack.org/show/796841/
network-environment-overrides.yaml: http://paste.openstack.org/show/796842/
ctlplane-assignment.yaml: http://paste.openstack.org/show/796843/
nameservers.yaml: http://paste.openstack.org/show/796844/
network_data.yaml: http://paste.openstack.org/show/796845/

How can I specify nic2 for single nic vlans without external network?
Please can you provide an example with "openstack overcloud deploy"
complete command? I'm reading documentation but I do not understand how to
do and it's really frustrating.
Thank you,
Marco