[all][TC] OpenStack Client (OSC) vs python-*clients

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 13 23:02:50 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-13 18:45:08 -0400 (-0400), Brian Rosmaita wrote:
[...]
> My understanding is that the SDK is supposed to be an opinionated
> entry point to the APIs?  Or am I thinking of some other project?
[...]

It's modelled as several layers: direct REST API access, functional
access (similar to what our classic python-*client libs provided),
and an opinionated layer with more business logic and plaster over
cloud-specific interoperability problems (formerly the Shade library
which grew out of Nodepool). Callers can mix-n-match the layers,
like use a higher level call to get a Keystone token and then use it
to authenticate REST API methods.

https://docs.openstack.org/openstacksdk/latest/user/index.html#api-documentation

--
Jeremy Stanley