[openstack-community] [infra] Problem with ask.openstack.org

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 00:29:11 UTC 2020

While ask.openstack.org is not necessarily loved by many, it continues
to be used, and there are still people who answer questions.

Recently, one of its features ceased working. I am talking about the
answered or commented on. This makes it very hard to follow up on such
questions; I don't have a tool to see if somebody anwered my question or
is the person who asked a question has provided updates.

Is there anybody who can fix this?

I know that some people would like to do away with ask.openstack.org
entirely, since the software is bug-ridden and nobody manages the site.
My personal opinion is that the current situation is worse than no "ask"
site at all, since people might ask questions, get partial answers and
no follow-up. This can create a negative view of the OpenStack community.

In short, either fix it or remove it. Unfortunately I don't have the
means to do either.

Bernd.