[tripleo][ci] Make tripleo-ci-centos-8-containerized-undercloud-upgrades voting again

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 15:51:07 UTC 2020

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 5:19 PM Sergii Golovatiuk <sgolovat at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> tripleo-ci-centos-8-containerized-undercloud-upgrades has been improved
> significantly in terms of stability [1]. To improve CI coverage for
> upgrades I propose to make it voting. That will help to make upgrades more
> stable and catch bugs as early as possible. To keep it stable, Upgrade team
> is going to add it to their own triage process and dedicate the engineer to
> fix it if it's red for 2-3 days in a row.

o/

as discussed on irc, IMO we should make it voting "until we can't". Your
triage process about 2/3 days sounds reasonable but it will be seen in
practice how well that works. Which is the original reason there is
push-back against master voting upgrades jobs -  i.e. whilst developing for
the cycle the upgrades jobs might break until all new features are merged
and you can accommodate for them in the upgrade. So they break and this
blocks master gates. They were made non voting during a time that they were
broken often and for long periods.

let's make them voting "until we can't".