[tripleo] Overcloud without provisioning error: os-net-config command not found

Marco Marino marino.mrc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:06:08 UTC 2020

Hi, I'm trying to deploy an overcloud using pre-provisioned nodes. I have
only 2 nodes, 1 compute and 1 controller and here is the command I'm using:

openstack overcloud deploy --templates --disable-validations -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/deployed-server-environment.yaml
 -e /home/stack/templates/node-info.yaml -e
/home/stack/templates/ctlplane-assignments.yaml -e
/home/stack/templates/hostname-map.yaml -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/network-isolation.yaml
-e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/network-environment.yaml
-e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/net-single-nic-with-vlans.yaml
-n /home/stack/os-deploy-custom-config/network_data.yaml
 --overcloud-ssh-user stack --overcloud-ssh-key /home/stack/.ssh/id_rsa

Here is the content of custom files:

(undercloud) [stack at undercloud ~]$ cat templates/node-info.yaml
parameter_defaults:
  OvercloudControllerFlavor: control
  OvercloudComputeFlavor: compute
  ControllerCount: 1
  ComputeCount: 1

(undercloud) [stack at undercloud ~]$ cat templates/ctlplane-assignments.yaml
resource_registry:
  OS::TripleO::DeployedServer::ControlPlanePort:
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/deployed-server/deployed-neutron-port.yaml

parameter_defaults:
  DeployedServerPortMap:
    controller-0-ctlplane:
      fixed_ips:
        - ip_address: 192.168.199.200
      subnets:
        - cidr: 192.168.199.0/24
      network:
        tags:
          192.168.199.0/24
    compute-0-ctlplane:
      fixed_ips:
        - ip_address: 192.168.199.210
      subnets:
        - cidr: 192.168.199.0/24
      network:
        tags:
          192.168.199.0/24

(undercloud) [stack at undercloud ~]$ cat templates/hostname-map.yaml
parameter_defaults:
  HostnameMap:
    overcloud-controller-0: controller-0
    overcloud-novacompute-0: compute-0

http://paste.openstack.org/show/796634/  <-- Here is the complete output
for overcloud deploy command.
It seems that the error is
/var/lib/tripleo-config/scripts/run_os_net_config.sh: line 59:
os-net-config: command not found"

os-net-config is provided by "delorean-component-tripleo" repository. So my
question is: should I pre install Openstack repositories on pre-provisioned
nodes in addition to operating system installation and network
configuration?

Thank you,
Marco