[tripleo] Deploy overcloud without provisioning

Rabi Mishra ramishra at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 08:23:32 UTC 2020

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 1:35 PM Marco Marino <marino.mrc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Rabi,
> but node import is mandatory or not? Bare Metal part is useful for power
> management and I'd like to maintain this feature.

AFAIK, the intent of using pre-provisioned nodes is to create an overcloud
without power management control, among other things. Node import is not
required when Tripleo(Ironic) is not doing the provisioning.

I don't know if there are ways for Ironic to do power management of
pre-provisioned nodes. Someone else may have a better answer.

--
Regards,
Rabi Mishra