[cinder][nova] Local storage in compute node

Eric K. Miller emiller at genesishosting.com
Wed Aug 5 10:03:29 UTC 2020

In case this is the answer, I found that in nova.conf, under the
[libvirt] stanza, images_type can be set to "lvm".  This looks like it
may do the trick - using the compute node's LVM to provision and mount a
logical volume, for either persistent or ephemeral storage defined in
the flavor.

Can anyone validate that this is the right approach according to our
needs?

Also, I have read about the LVM device filters - which is important to
avoid the host's LVM from seeing the guest's volumes, in case anyone
else finds this message.

Thanks!

Eric