[neutron] bug deputy report (Jul 27 - Aug 2)

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 14:01:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

Sorry for late just before the meeting.
This is my bug deputy report last week.

General questions
=================

* l3-dvr-backlog tag was originally introduced to identify DVR feature
gaps. What should we use for OVN L3 feature gaps?
* We have no volunteer for FWaaS now. How should we triage fwaas bugs?

Needs attentions
================

Both affects neutron behaviors and they are not simple bugs.
More opinions would be appreciated.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1889631
[OVS][FW] Multicast non-IGMP traffic is allowed by default, not in iptables FW
New, Undecided
It might be worth RFE. It affects existing deployments. We need more
detail discussion on this.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1889454
br-int has an unpredictable MTU
New, Undecided
This is an interesting topic. More opinions would be appreciated.

Confirmed
=========

[FT][Fullstack] Timeout during OVS bridge creation transaction
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1889453
Critical, Confirmed

In Progress
===========

Functional tests
neutron.tests.functional.agent.linux.test_linuxbridge_arp_protect
failing on Ubuntu 20.04
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1889779
High, In Progress

CI failture: ImportError: cannot import decorate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1890064
High, In Progress, The fix is https://review.opendev.org/#/c/744465/
but blocked by other gate failures

Validate subnet when plugging to the router don't works when plugging port
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1889619
Low, In Progress

Won't Fix
=========

Functional tests on Ubuntu 20.04 are timed out
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1889781
High, Won't Fix, it doesn't look like an issue after fixing other
issues per slawek

ONV feature gaps or cleanups
============================

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1889737
[OVN] Stop using neutron.api.rpc.handlers.resources_rpc with OVN as a backend
Medium, Confirmed, a kind of cleanup around OVN

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1889738
[OVN] Stop doing PgDelPortCommand on each router port update
Low, Confirmed

[OVN] access between Floatings ip and instance with Direct External IP
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1889388
New, Undecided, OVN feature gap
Q: l3-dvr-backlog tag was originally introduced to identify DVR
feature gaps. What should we use for OVN L3 feature gaps?

FWaaS
======

neutron_tempest_plugin.fwaas.api.test_fwaasv2_extensions failed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1889730
New, Undecided, we have no volunteer for FWaaS now. How should we
triage fwaas bugs?