[tripleo][ansible] the current action plugins use patterns are suboptimal?

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 08:13:31 UTC 2020

There is a trend of writing action plugins, see [0], for simple things,
like just calling a module in a loop. I'm not sure that is the direction
TripleO should go. If ansible is inefficient in this sort of tasks
without custom python code written, we should fix ansible. Otherwise,
what is the ultimate goal of that trend? Is that having only action
plugins in roles and playbooks?

Please kindly asking the community to stop that, make a step back and
reiterate with the taken approach. Thank you.

[0] https://review.opendev.org/716108

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,