[openstack-dev] [Tacker]

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Apr 22 18:54:23 UTC 2020

 ---- On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 06:59:36 -0500 Ivandro <i201822117 at hust.edu.cn> wrote ----
> [...]
 >
 > here are my scenario:
 >
 > I want to install tacker project using the following guide:
 > https://docs.openstack.org/tacker/train/install/devstack.html
 >
 > My environment info: 2 ubuntu server 18.04.4 LTS, VMWare workstation, 6G
 > RAM, 100G  SSD HD, 2vCPU.
 >
 > Am trying to install both master branch and stable/train, on each
 > server. Please find in attachment the local.conf file used for each
 > installation..
 >
 > MASTER BRANCH REPORT:
 >
 > Commands used:
 >
 > ##User add
 > sudo useradd -s /bin/bash -d /opt/stack -m stack
 > echo "stack ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" | sudo tee /etc/sudoers.d/stack
 > sudo su - stack
 >
 > ##Download openstack Train branch
 > git clone https://opendev.org/openstack-dev/devstack -b stable/train
 > cd devstack
 > vi  local.conf  #Use the all in one config from manual page
 > ## RECLONE=yes
 >
 > ##Start installation
 > ./stack.sh
 >
 > ERROR INFO:
 >
 > ++/opt/stack/kuryr-kubernetes/devstack/plugin.sh:wait_for:552 die 'Timed
 > out waiting for Kubernetes API Server'
 > ++functions-common:die:193                  local exitcode=1
 > [Call Trace]
 > ./stack.sh:1400:run_phase
 > /opt/stack/devstack/functions-common:1785:run_plugins
 > /opt/stack/devstack/functions-common:1752:source
 > /opt/stack/kuryr-kubernetes/devstack/plugin.sh:1068:run_k8s_controller_manager
 > /opt/stack/kuryr-kubernetes/devstack/plugin.sh:643:wait_for
 > /opt/stack/kuryr-kubernetes/devstack/plugin.sh:552:die
 > [ERROR] /opt/stack/kuryr-kubernetes/devstack/plugin.sh:Timed out
 > Error on exit
 > nova-compute: no process found
 > neutron-dhcp-agent: no process found
 > neutron-l3-agent: no process found
 > neutron-metadata-agent: no process found
 > neutron-openvswitch-agent: no process found
 >   full logs in attachment file master.rar
 >

 > TRAIN BRANCH INSTALLATION:
 >
 > Commands used:
 >
 > ##User add
 > sudo useradd -s /bin/bash -d /opt/stack -m stack
 > echo "stack ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" | sudo tee /etc/sudoers.d/stack
 > sudo su - stack
 >
 > ##Download openstack Train branch
 > git clone https://opendev.org/openstack-dev/devstack -b stable/train
 > cd devstack
 > vi  local.conf  #Use the all in one config from manual page
 > ## RECLONE=yes
 >
 > ##Start installation
 > ./stack.sh
 >
 > then it return the following error:
 >
 > Obtaining file:///opt/stack/python-blazarclient
 > python-blazarclient requires Python '>=3.6' but the running Python is 2.7.17
 > You are using pip version 9.0.3, however version 20.0.2 is available.
 > You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
 > Error on exit
 >   please find in attachment the full logs for this error in file named

python-blazarclient  (even all OpenStack services and lib except swift and Storlets)  are now
python3-only means their latest version will not be installed on <py3.6 env.

You need to use python-blazarclient==2.2.1 for the node running with py2.7.

Here are the release notes for python-blazarclient declare the py3 required for 3.0.0 onwards.
- https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/python-blazarclient/unreleased.html#relnotes-3-0-0

-gmann