[nova] [cinder] [ceph] Questioning deployment choices

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 07:57:10 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 9:32 AM Radosław Piliszek
<radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding the subject, I also found this:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-ephemeral-cinder
> bp: Nova using ephemeral storage with cinder (from 2014-04-30,
> recurring 2017-04-18; not implemented)
>
> -yoctozepto

Also, the change referenced by Lee, introducing RBD support into Nova,
was part of:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/bring-rbd-support-libvirt-images-type
which, based on extensive discussion there, looks like handicapped
approach at that other bp.

So, essentially, boot-from-volume existed but there was demand for
no-Cinder-interactions and Ceph was a popular choice.

-yoctozepto