[tc][congress] Retiring the Congress project

Nate Johnston nate.johnston at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 16:26:45 UTC 2020

Recently the TC has worked on determining the criteria for when an OpenStack
project should be retired.  When there was not a PTL nominee, that triggered the
TC to review the health of the Congress project per [1], and the TC has
determined [2] that development work on the Congress project has ceased.  Based
on that we are going to start the process of governance removal in the Victoria
cycle as specified in the Mandatory Repository Retirement resolution [3] and
detailed in the infra manual [4].

Pursuant to these procedures, Congress will move out of the
opendev.org/openstack/ namespace and into the opendev.org/x/ namespace.  If
interest in Congress revives, development can restart in it's new location and
potentially Congress could be re-added to OpenStack governance.

Our thanks and appreciation to Eric and all of those who have contributed to the
Congress project over the years.

Thanks,

Nate Johnston

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/dropping-projects.html