[openstack-helm-infra][elasticsearch]Error deploying chart in k8s cluster with local storage

Sanjay K isanjayk5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:12:38 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,
I have been trying to deploy elasticsearch helm chart in my k8s cluster
consisting of 4 nodes (1 k8s master, 1 controller and 2 computes) after
deploying fluentbit and fluentd helm charts which are deployed with
success. I have plan to make the EFK (Elasticsearch-Fluentd-Kibana) stack
running in my k8s cluster setup for logs management.

However I face issues while deploying elasticsearch helm chart using the
below command :
$ helm install elasticsearch local/elasticsearch --values
values_overrides/local-storage.yaml  -n openstack
Error: unable to build kubernetes objects from release manifest: error
validating "": error validating data: ValidationError(StatefulSet.spec):
unknown field "strategy" in io.k8s.api.apps.v1.StatefulSetSpec

Can anyone point me if I missing anything?
What are the prerequisites before deploying elasticsearch chart which
intended to use local storage/pv in my case avoiding the default S3 storage
as per the chart?

Thanks for your pointers and suggestions.
'
best regards,
SanjayK