[PTL][SIG] Virtual PTG Layout & Signup

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 06:05:18 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-04-16 at 15:56 -0500, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> On 4/16/20 3:35 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> > On 2020-04-16 21:04:46 +0100 (+0100), Sean Mooney wrote:
> > [...]
> > > the other approch woudl be to convert each of the meeting slots to
> > > yaml files and use yaml2ical like the irc-meeting repo does
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > We're going to need to import the data into ptgbot anyway, so maybe
> > whatever serialization we use for that can also be used for earlier
> > conversions to schedule files.
>
> We can probably take advantage of how we generate the ics files for the
> release schedule:
>

> https://opendev.org/openstack/releases/src/branch/master/doc/source/_exts/ics.py
>
> https://opendev.org/openstack/releases/raw/branch/master/doc/source/ussuri/schedule.rst

i decied to play with this and wrote https://github.com/SeanMooney/ptg-cal
i have not bothered ading a cli or configuration althoguh i could add that later.

it assumes the syntax i suggested
or SIG in the name
if the ethercal is populated in that form it will preduce icals per room, per session
and per tag, so it will create a tags/nova.ical that incluse all nova session but also tags/nova/<topic>.ical
files for each sessions.

not sure if it will be useful but it was fun to create.
ill proably wrap it in a tox config so that its simple to run without needing to manually install it and the cople of
deps that are needed.