OpenStack should be buildable with sphinx 2.4: FTBFS in many packages

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Apr 16 10:38:37 UTC 2020

On 3/30/20 7:14 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> Are those projects
> running with a different Python interpreter version? Or without
> global constraints applied? Or perhaps they're not testing
> documentation builds at all when merging changes? We've basically
> been telling projects to test[2] with Sphinx 2.4 since 2.4.0 was
> first released[3] in February.

The packages in Debian are still the Train release, which is why they
aren't up-to-date yet. I am forecasting that an upgrade to Ussuri will
fix most of them.

FYI, here's the list of bugs currently opened against the OpenStack
packages in Debian:

python-k8sclient https://bugs.debian.org/955062
python-doc8 https://bugs.debian.org/955070
python-dracclient https://bugs.debian.org/955073
aodh https://bugs.debian.org/955078
python-ceilometermiddleware https://bugs.debian.org/955080
panko https://bugs.debian.org/955084
python-glareclient https://bugs.debian.org/955085
sahara https://bugs.debian.org/955088
python-ceilometerclient https://bugs.debian.org/955091
python-scciclient https://bugs.debian.org/955102
cloudkitty https://bugs.debian.org/955108
python-os-xenapi https://bugs.debian.org/955113
python-murano-pkg-check https://bugs.debian.org/955116
sahara-plugin-vanilla https://bugs.debian.org/955433

I probably will wait until the OpenStack Ussuri release happen before
taking care of most of the issues above, as they may just resolve
themselves by just uploading the latest version (hopefully).

I may as well remove from Debian packages like:
- python-glareclient
- python-ceilometerclient

Is os-xenapi still of any use with recent OpenStack?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)