[PTL][SIG] Virtual PTG Layout & Signup

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:00:23 UTC 2020

Greetings!

I am sure you have all been anxiously awaiting more details on how we are
going to virtualize the PTG :) After the community meetings we had last
week/the week before to understand the key challenges and ideate on
solutions, we have a plan!

The virtual event will be held from Monday June 1 to Friday June 5. We set
up available times in 3 different time windows where each window is a cross
over time between at least 2 regions (Window A - Americas/Europe, Window B
- Europe/APAC, and Window C - APAC/Americas).

Here is an ethercalc[1]. We ask that the PTL/SIG Chair/Team lead sign up
for time to have their discussions in with 4 rules/guidelines.

1. Cross project discussions (i.e. SIGs and horizonal teams), try to
schedule yourselves towards the start of the week so that any discussions
that might shape those of vertical teams might happen first.
2. Vertical teams (ex. Nova, Cyborg, Manila) should wait till April 6th at
7:00 UTC to start signing up for slots to help prioritize the scheduling of
cross project conversations.
3. No team (SIG, horizonal project, vertical project, etc) can sign up for
more than 4 hours per UTC day to help keep participants actively engaged.
4. No team (SIG, horizonal project, vertical project, etc) can sign up for
more than 16 hours across all time slots to avoid burning out our
contributors and to enable participation in multiple teams discussions.

Once every team has had a chance to sign up (lets say two weeks from today
April 28th at 7:00 UTC) if signing up for more time makes sense, it will be
possible.

We want to encourage ANY team to sign up, even those that had originally
said no to the initial outreach when the PTG was supposed to be in person.
The more the merrier!

Once you have signed up for time slots, please also fill out this survey[2]
with your team information. We need this additional information to help
shape other decisions down the road and coordinate other details closer to
the event.

If you have any issues with signing up your team, due to conflict or
otherwise, please let me know! While we are trying to empower you to make
your own decisions as to when you meet and for how long (after all, you
know your needs and teams timezones better than we do), we are here to help!

Continue to check back for updates at openstack.org/ptg.

-the Kendalls (diablo_rojo & wendallkaters)

[1] https://ethercalc.openstack.org/126u8ek25noy
[2]
https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/june2020_virtual_ptg_survey