[tc][election] Simple question for the TC candidates

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 09:59:37 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 6:31 PM Jean-Philippe Evrard <jean-philippe at evrard.me>
wrote:

> I read your nominations, and as usual I will ask what do you
> _technically_ will do during your mandate, what do you _actively_ want
> to change in OpenStack?

I aim for improving the bridge cross Developers, Users, and Operators.
>From my last year as TC role, I try to involve SIGs, and I think
Special Interest Group is the right format.
IMO we didn't provide as many resources as we should to promote this kind
of group,
especially considering the success of SIG required involvement from all
three parts(devs, users, and ops).
Also if possible, adding language and timezone friendly factors
additionally.

On the other hand, I will also work on CI for scenarios across projects or
communities.
We OpenStack surely can do a lot of stuff, but really needs better test
coverage to ensure that's mostly stable for all time.
We do short for test job for multi-arch and automation scenario (And which
is why I stay in SIGs for these two kinds of direction)

Last, the community-wide goal schedule, as it's something we should keep
pushing and is not yet on track (I mean the scheduling part).

--
My friends, stay home please,
Rico Lin