[tc][election] campaign discussion: what we can improve in TC & how?

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Apr 6 19:42:57 UTC 2020

 ---- On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 10:11:32 -0500 Mohammed Naser <mnaser at vexxhost.com> wrote ----

 > > > Meetings.  Seriously, I have no idea how I still can't convince people
 > > > to meet more than
 > > > one a month.  We're a key part of the OpenStack success and we should be meeting
 > > > just as often as we can to be able to continue to drive things
 > > >
 > > > A month is too long of a cycle to drive things out.
 > >
 > > OK, sub-question for the TC then.
 > >
 > > Why do you feel the only place you can drive things is inside of a time
 > > restricted, geo-restrictive meeting time?
 > >

 > I think it's mostly a follow-up thing and a place to drive discussion.  The
 > office hours have largely just become a quiet area where not much happens
 > these days.  The "meetings" we have are simply to check the box that is
 > given to us from the foundation to quickly glance over the things we're dealing
 > with.
 >
 > We haven't been very successful in driving mailing list only things, an example
 > is that discussion spirals out for long threads and it becomes quite exhausting
 > to keep up with it all.
 >
 > It would be so much easier if we can meet together, drive some of the efforts
 > that are happening and reconvene often to keep track of our progress, IMHO.

Initially, I was not in favour of more meetings compare to office hours idea but
considering your very valid point that office hours are almost quiet, I think
its time to try the more frequent meeting and speed up or increase the TC activities.

As per Human nature, more the time we spend together more the progress and improvements we do :).

-gmann