[release][oslo] FFE request for Oslo

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Apr 6 18:23:34 UTC 2020

On 4/6/20 1:16 PM, Ben Nemec wrote:
> Like, all of it. :-)
>
> Okay, _most_ of it. Specifically the projects in
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/717816/
>
> These all had changes in them which normally don't require release,
> like doc and test changes. However, if we don't release them before
> the stable branches are cut, the stable branches won't include any of
> those doc and test changes. This means the docs will be out of date,
> and tests may break completely (it would not be the first time).
>
> We could backport, but there are kind of a lot of patches involved so
> it would be much easier to just do some trivial releases now and not
> have to mess with it later.
>
> Apologies for dropping the ball on this since it should have been
> proposed last week, but I hope you will take pity on me and grant an
> FFE to undo my mistake. :-)
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Ben

This looks like a low risk release to do, and we still have some time to
shake out any unintended side effects (if there's even a chance of that)
with these. I think it's worthwhile to pick up these administrative
changes to avoid the extra work of backporting all of them to the
stable/ussuri branch.

So FEE makes sense me.

Sean