[tc][election] Simple question for the TC candidates

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Mon Apr 6 14:48:02 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 6:30 AM Jean-Philippe Evrard
<jean-philippe at evrard.me> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I read your nominations, and as usual I will ask what do you
> _technically_ will do during your mandate, what do you _actively_ want
> to change in OpenStack?

I'm aiming to simplify the overall deployment of OpenStack overall and
this would
happen by us starting to rechange our core architecture to using
relevant technologies.

We've always claimed to be a cloud operating system, the space has changed and
we need to be so we can continue to be one.

> This can be a change in governance, in the projects, in the current
> structure... it can be really anything. I am just hoping to see
> practical OpenStack-wide changes here. It doesn't need to be a fully
> refined idea, but something that can be worked upon.

Regardless of my election or not, I intend to push on adding Kubernetes
as a base service to OpenStack.  This will be the first thing to help
enable projects
to leverage things like custom resources, scheduling features of Kubernetes to
be able to deliver IaaS components easily

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost
D. 514-316-8872
E. mnaser at vexxhost.com