[ironic][release] List cycle-with-intermediary deliverables that have not been released yet

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Mon Apr 6 13:20:02 UTC 2020

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 13:50, Herve Beraud <hberaud at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello ironic team,
>
> Quick reminder that we'll need a release very soon for a number of
> deliverables following a cycle-with-intermediary release model but which
> have not done *any* release yet in the Ussuri cycle:
>
> - bifrost
> - ironic-prometheus-exporter
> - ironic-ui
>
> Those should be released ASAP, and in all cases before R-3 week (RC1 deadline Apr 20 - Apr 24) , so that we have a release to include in the final Ussuri release.

Can we please move to the cycle-with-optional-intermediary release
model? I realise it doesn't exist. We (ironic) would like the option
to release features outside the normal cadence of the OpenStack
release cycle, without being forced to do it. It would save a lot of
time, and avoid emails and autogenerated patches each cycle.

I don't have a strong opinion on the Ironic top-level OpenDev project
discussion, but I think this is one example of where the team sees
unnecessary inflexibility in OpenStack's processes. Perhaps I'm
missing something.

Mark