[openstack-ansible] Retirement of repo_build and pip_install roles

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 12:05:22 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-04-06 at 14:37 +0300, Dmitriy Rabotyagov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenStack-Ansible has fully migrated from usage of repo_build [1] and pip_install [2] roles to python_install_venv [3]
> in Stein. Since then these 2 roles are not used anymore by OSA, and it's probably time we deprecated them not to
> release them for Ussuri.
im not sure if this applies to roles but for most "features" in openstack we deprecate at least one cycle before removal
so if you deprecte them now you woudl still release them in ussuri but remove them in victoria to allow time for
consumers of the role that you dont know about to move to python_install_venv.

if you ar confident no one outside of osa uses thos then you could remove them early.