[tc][election] Simple question for the TC candidates

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Mon Apr 6 07:41:25 UTC 2020

On Sun, 2020-04-05 at 22:06 +0200, Radosław Piliszek wrote:

> My opinion is we need to invest more in delivery of OpenStack
> deliverables (pun was not avoidable). I want to design and coordinate
> efforts around usage of deployment-ready prebuilt images so that they
> can be used both for CI to avoid lengthy, repeatable processes and
> for friendlier end-user consumption.

That sounds like what I hoped to work on when I started the containers
SIG, but I didn't get the chance to work on it recently. So you know
where I stand :)

>  I am thinking something Kolla-esque
> as LOCI does not seem that alive nowadays (and does not seem to be
> getting that much level of testing Kolla has from Kolla Ansible and
> TripleO as both deployment projects consume Kolla images).

Question: Why would we want another competing project? How do you
intend to work with Kolla? Do you want to have this image building in
the projects, and use another tooling to deploy those images? Did you
start collaborating/discussing with non-TripleO projects on this?

> On that matter, since Ironic plans of independence (more on that in
> a separate message of mine) have stirred such a lively discussion,
> I think my idea aligns with standalone goals of such projects.

Good news, that's what the TC is for :)

> It would be easy to design deployment scenarios of subsets of
> OpenStack
> projects that work together to achieve some cloud-imagined goal other
> than plain IaaS. Want some baremetal provisioning? Here you go.
> Need a safe place for credentials? Be my guest!

I am not sure what you mean there? Do you want to map OpenStack "sample
configs" with gate jobs?

Regards,
JP