[tc][election] Simple question for the TC candidates

Nikolla, Kristi knikolla at bu.edu
Sun Apr 5 20:27:53 UTC 2020

Hi JP,

There's two areas that I can think at the top of my head.

The first, is making sure that OpenStack is approachable to new contributors. This includes more documentation related community goals, which I consider especially important when a lot of people that have been here forever start to move on to new ventures, taking with them a lot of tribal and undocumented knowledge. We have to start being able to do more with less.

The second, is investigating avenues for better integration with other open source communities and projects. It's very likely that OpenStack is only one of the many tools in an operators toolbox (eg., we're also running OpenShift, and our own bare metal provisioner.) Once we have acknowledged those integration points, we can start documenting, testing and developing with those in mind as well. The end result will be that deployers can pick OpenStack, or a specific set of OpenStack components and know that what they are trying to do is possible, is tested and is reproducible.

Thank you,
Kristi Nikolla