[tc] [ironic] Promoting ironic to a top-level opendev project?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Apr 2 13:05:22 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-02 12:38:02 +0200 (+0200), Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
[...]
> I also think your suggestion goes against the idea of OpenDev,
> which to me is to embrace a fast collection of Open Infrastructure
> projects, related to OpenStack or not. If you say that anything
> going to OpenDev will be seen as an OpenStack project, it defeats
> the purpose of OpenDev.
[...]

I'll refrain from jumping into the rest of this, but please be aware
that OpenDev's scope is not just limited to Open Infrastructure
projects. The OpenDev team maintains a collaboration platform for
any open source projects who are interested in collectively
maintaining the development tooling on which their communities rely.
OpenDev's collaboratory *is* a form of "infrastructure" but you
don't need to be an infrastructure-focused project to be hosted
within it. To quote the first two sentences from the current text on
the https://opendev.org/ Web site:

    OpenDev is a space for collaborative Open Source software
    development. OpenDev’s mission is to provide project hosting,
    continuous integration tooling, and virtual collaboration spaces
    for Open Source software projects.

It's also the case that not all the OSF's official "Open
Infrastructure projects" are hosted in OpenDev's collaboratory (most
are though, yes).
--
Jeremy Stanley