[all][dev][qa] cirros 0.5.1

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 08:29:24 UTC 2020

It's April already so I think a progress report might be beneficial to
not lose the topic.

The change switching DevStack to CirrOS 0.5.1 [1] is still paused.
This is mostly because I would really prefer to hit CI early in the
Victoria cycle rather than late in Ussuri.
Please let me know if you beg to differ. ;-)
That said, thank you Dmitry, Iury and Maciej for taking the time to
test it on Ironic [2] and Neutron [3] sides.
Re Neutron - glad to see Xenial go away with this. Finally! :-)

Neutron looks overally happy with 0.5.1.
Ironic in general too, but metalsmith's job seems to have issues with
available storage space.

As for merged progress, the CI images now have CirrOS 0.5.1 cached for
x86_64 [4] and aarch64 [5].
Also, we already switched Kolla Ansible to test against CirrOS 0.5.1
(for better aarch64 support).

Even if we do the switch in Victoria, it's best to test early, so
please let me know if you have questions and/or need help with
switching your CI.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/711492
[2] https://review.opendev.org/712728
[3] https://review.opendev.org/711425
[4] https://review.opendev.org/714475
[5] https://review.opendev.org/714481

PS: I just noticed I wrote 'cinder' in one place in the original
message. Please forgive me the confusion.

-yoctozepto

czw., 12 mar 2020 o 12:55 Radosław Piliszek