[all] Curating the openstack org on GitHub

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Wed Apr 1 17:20:08 UTC 2020

On 01/04/2020 17:32, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2020-04-01 11:15:37 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:
> [...]
>> 1. Stop mirroring retired repos from our gitea to GitHub
> [...]
>
> At the moment, there is legacy configuration in place instructing
> OpenDev's Gerrit to replicate all repositories with names matching
> ^openstack/.* to the openstack organization on GitHub. Gerrit is
> going to continue to try to (re)replicate all these retired repos
> within the openstack namespace.
>
> This is probably the time to talk about switching OpenStack's active
> deliverables to using a Zuul job for replicating to GitHub like some
> of the other namespaces in OpenDev have been doing. We'd dearly
> love to drop that GitHub remote from our Gerrit replication config.

This is probably a good thing regardless of what we decide here -
in theory, it would be removing the remotes, and then injecting a new
job into all openstack/ projects that looks something like [1], and
runs as a post job, right?

1 -
https://opendev.org/recordsansible/ara/src/branch/master/.zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L15-L25