[nova][kolla] questions on cells

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 18:42:19 UTC 2019

On 9/30/2019 11:48 AM, Mark Goddard wrote:
> 2. Do console proxies need to live in the cells? This is what devstack
> does in superconductor mode. I did some digging through nova code, and
> it looks that way. Testing with novncproxy agrees. This suggests we
> need to expose a unique proxy endpoint for each cell, and configure
> all computes to use the right one via e.g. novncproxy_base_url,
> correct?

Unrelated to console proxy but sort of related to this topic, you can
also run the metadata-api service globally or per-cell, details are in
the docs:

https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/user/cellsv2-layout.html#nova-metadata-api-service

CERN runs the metadata API per cell for performance reasons.

Matt