[cinder] train backport potential bugfixes

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Sep 30 16:31:15 UTC 2019

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 12:05:58PM -0400, Brian Rosmaita wrote:
> With RC-1 released and the stable/train branch cut, any new bugfixes to
> be included in the Cinder Train release must be (1) merged to master,
> (2) be proposed as backports to stable/train, (3) approved by the cinder
> stable-maint team. and (4) merged to stable/train before the final RC
> deadline (10 Oct).
>
> If you are working on such a bugfix, please add it to this etherpad:
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cinder-train-backport-potential

Thanks for sending this out Brian.

> Keep in mind that the gate is always slow around this time of the cycle,
> so the earlier your fixes are proposed, the more likely they are to
> actually make it into the release.

Related to gate slowness - something to keep in mind is that bugfixes can be
backported at any point and we do regular stable releases. So if you have a
bugfix that is not release-critical, it may be worth holding off on
non-critical things to help speed up the time it takes for the critical ones to
make it through.

There's nothing stopping us from doing a new stable release not long after the
official Train release date. Just something to keep in mind.