openstack-placement 2.0.0.0rc1 (train)

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 27 07:47:06 UTC 2019

Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 9/26/19 11:53 AM, no-reply at openstack.org wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> A new release candidate for openstack-placement for the end of the Train
>> cycle is available!  You can find the source code tarball at:
>>
>>      https://tarballs.openstack.org/placement/
>>
>> Unless release-critical issues are found that warrant a release
>> candidate respin, this candidate will be formally released as the
>> final Train release. You are therefore strongly encouraged
>> to test and validate this tarball!
>>
>> Alternatively, you can directly test the stable/train release
>> branch at:
>>
>>      https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-placement/src/branch/stable/train
>>
>> Release notes for openstack-placement can be found at:
>>
>>      https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/placement/
>
> Any reason why there's no [release-announce] tag in the subject, thus
> breaking everyone's filters?

Releases are announced on release-announce.

Information about release candidates publication is not sent to
release-announce, it's sent to openstack-discuss.

The general idea was to keep release-announce for official releases, and
still attract developers/testers attention to release candidates,
*prior* to official releases. Now most people seem to consider those as
noise on openstack-discuss, so we could reconsider that... Three options:

- keep sending RC publication info to openstack-discuss
- do not send emails when a RC is published at all
- send emails about RC publication to release-announce

Thoughts?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)