Neutron - dnsmasq reloads causing dhcp failures

fsbiz at yahoo.com fsbiz at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 20:15:13 UTC 2019

Hi all,
We have a relatively stable 140 node Openstack deployment consisting of hypervisors and bare-metal.
Periodically, we have observed that the baremetals timeout during the PXE.  We have been able to reproduce this relatively easily by rebooting several baremetals simultaneously.I believe I have traced the issue to the dnsmasq reloading every time an entry is added / deleted.
Can anyone who has experienced similar issue provide feedback on what you did to work around this ?
We are running a stable Queens release.
thanks,Fred.