[qa][stable] tempest.api.volume.test_versions.VersionsTest.test_show_version fails on stable/pike

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Sep 26 00:16:31 UTC 2019

 ---- On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 13:20:23 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  ---- On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 09:51:15 -0500 Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote ----
 >  > A new test was recently added to tempest [1] which uses the volume API
 >  > v3 client to list and show versions and compare those against the
 >  > response schema. It's failing against stable/pike changes [2] presumably
 >  > because the volume v3 API does not show the (deprecated) v1 API, though
 >  > I'm a bit confused because the test is doing a GET / and then for each
 >  > version in the response it's doing a GET /{version}/ so I'm not sure
 >  > what's up with cinder's pike API version interface where it would list a
 >  > version but not be able to show it.
 >
 > Yeah, it is not so clear from failure and logs that which version is missing.
 > let me add more clear logs in tests.
 >
 > Seems like cinder v1 version got removed from the list as well as from show API at the same time
 > - I03bf2db5bd7e2fdfb4f6032758ccaf2b348a82ba

Logs were missing for show_version because it directly call raw_request() which does not do logging.
Adding the logging for rest_client raw_request() also so that we can check the failed version info
- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/684858/

testing here -
 -https://review.opendev.org/#/c/684859/

-gmann