[qa][stable] tempest.api.volume.test_versions.VersionsTest.test_show_version fails on stable/pike

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 14:51:15 UTC 2019

A new test was recently added to tempest [1] which uses the volume API
v3 client to list and show versions and compare those against the
response schema. It's failing against stable/pike changes [2] presumably
because the volume v3 API does not show the (deprecated) v1 API, though
I'm a bit confused because the test is doing a GET / and then for each
version in the response it's doing a GET /{version}/ so I'm not sure
what's up with cinder's pike API version interface where it would list a
version but not be able to show it.

Anyway, it sounds like this is another case where we're going to have to
pin tempest to a tag in devstack on stable/pike to continue running
tempest jobs against stable/pike changes, similar to what recently
happened with stable/ocata [3].

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/680790/
[2]
https://145b0d5be77f0cbe05ff-d67a6226f6eb6d34ab4efd951744a16f.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/684658/1/check/tempest-full/9e1de42/testr_results.html.gz