[all][tc] What happened in OpenStack Governance last week

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Tue Sep 24 19:33:56 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

Here are a few things that happened recently:

We introduced "comparison of Official Group Structures" [1].
It should help you navigate better our structures and process, if you
want to start a new initiative.

We now have a plan to reduce the amount of members of our Technical
Committee going forward, down to 9 in Q3 2020 [2].

We've clarified the completion criteria for the PDF goal [3].

We've got fresh PTLs! Tetsuro Nakamura for Placement, Ian Y. Choi for
I18n, and Monty Taylor for OpenStackSDK. Congratulations!

The Ussuri runtimes are out [4][5]. Ussuri will be the first release to
not require python2. Projects are encouraged to move forward!
Reminder: Projects are allowed to test extra runtimes, like python2.7,
if they want to.

Note: Most, if not all, initiatives above were started by TC members.
Keep in mind you don't need to be in the TC to propose patches in
governance! For example, Tom Barron proposed quite a few patches
recently, thank you Tom! :)

Regards,
Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)

[1]: https://review.opendev.org/668093