Do we have a definitive list of native pdf package dependencies for bindep?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Sep 24 15:49:37 UTC 2019

On 24/09/2019 17.28, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> I've been on a least a few pdf goal related reviews and "why can't I
> build docs anymore" IRC conversations now to ask if there is a
> definitive list anywhere of the native packages needed to build the
> pdf-docs tox target so we can put those in bindep.txt for each project.

You can still build docs without changes, tox -e docs was not changed.

The list of packages that the job installs is here:
https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/src/branch/master/roles/prepare-build-pdf-docs/tasks/main.yaml#L10-L16

So, adding files to bindep.txt is optional.

> os-brick looks like it has a pretty expansive set of packages defined
> [1]. Should each project be copying that? Where would a definitive list

The list in the prepare-build-pdf-docs role is the common subset. I'm
surprised that os-brick needs more packages.

> even live? Is that something that should go into the requirements repo's
> bindep file [2] or is that specific just to what binary packages are
> needed to run tests against the requirements repo? Maybe the list should
> live in the storyboard dashboard [3] for the goal?

If you need to add something, it needs to go in the repo, not in the
requirments repo.

Andreas

--
  Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
   SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D 90409 Nürnberg