[cinder][tooz]Lock-files are remained

Eric Harney eharney at redhat.com
Fri Sep 20 14:10:25 UTC 2019

On 9/20/19 1:52 AM, Rikimaru Honjo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Queens cinder with the following setting.
>
> ---------------------------------
> [coordination]
> backend_url = file://$state_path
> ---------------------------------
>
> As a result, the files like the following were remained under the state
> path after some operations.[1]
>
> cinder-63dacb3d-bd4d-42bb-88fe-6e4180164765-delete_volume
> cinder-32c426af-82b4-41de-b637-7d76fed69e83-delete_snapshot
>
> In my understanding, these are lock-files created for synchronization by
> tooz.
> But, these lock-files were not deleted after finishing operations.
> Is this behaviour correct?
>
> [1]
> e.g. Delete volume, Delete snapshot

This is a known bug that's described here:

https://github.com/harlowja/fasteners/issues/26

(The fasteners library is used by tooz, which is used by Cinder for
managing these lock files.)

There's an old Cinder bug for it here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1432387

but that's marked as "Won't Fix" because Cinder needs it to be fixed in
the underlying libraries.

Thanks,
Eric