[neutron][drivers][ironic] FFE request - Use openstacksdk for ironic notifiers

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 19:45:22 UTC 2019

Hi,

Personally I think we can go with this is You will implement it now.
As per discussion on IRC, Ironic code which will use those notifications isn't
really ready yet, and will not be for Train. So even if something would possible
go wrong (but won't for sure ;)) we shouldn't break Ironic.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 11:04:54AM -0500, Eric Fried wrote:
> > I'd like to open an FFE request to convert the ironic events notifier
> > from the current ironicclient to openstacksdk with the change
> > https://review.opendev.org/682040
>
> This is kind of none of my business, but since the existing ironic stuff
> was only introduced in Train [1], IMO it is important to allow this FFE
> so neutron doesn't have to go through the pain of supporting and
> deprecating the conf options (e.g. `ironic_url`) and code paths through
> python-ironicclient.

Thx. I agree. That's another good point to accept this FFE.

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Senior software engineer