[tc] Results of the two TC CIVS polls

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Sep 18 15:22:55 UTC 2019

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 01:14:38PM +0100, Graham Hayes wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We had two votes running for the TC - V->Z naming, and the TC Chair.
>
> The results are as follows:
>
> Release Naming:
>
> 1. Tied:
> 	Do not change current model of geographic names - No review
> 	Name releases after major cities - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677745/
> 3.
> 	Name releases after the ICAO alphabet -
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677746/
>
> Full results:
> https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?num_winners=1&id=E_0a9abdadec887a6b&algorithm=beatpath

The scope of this vote was not clear. This was only as far as changing the
naming scheme for the remaining V-X, right? Or was it meant for anything past
Ussuri?

If it's the former, then I am very happy to see there was not strong support to
changing the current naming scheme mid-alphabet. I believe that would have been
confusing (or just out right odd) to our end users.

I do hope to see a plan for what we would like to see happen once we cycle back
to A though.

Sean