[i18n][mogan][neutron][swift][tc][valet] Cleaning up IRC logging for defunct channels

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 08:00:13 UTC 2019

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 3:17 PM Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> On 18/09/2019 03.44, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> > Thanks for the feedback.
> > I proposed a patch to stop gerrit notifications to #openstack-fwaas,
> > #openstack-vpnaas and #networking-sfc based on this thread.
> > https://review.opendev.org/682771
>
> Do you want to retire the channels completely?
>
> Then remove from logging - a change to opendev/system-config - and
> remove accessbot as well.
>
> Then, you can follow
> https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/irc.html#renaming-an-irc-channel

Yes, we can retire these channels.

My understanding on the step of this retirement is:
- the first step is to stop notifications and my patch will address it.
- Regarding the logging and accessbot, I think we can cover it by
Jeremy's change. (I think this is what you mentioned on
opendev/system-config in my patch)
- The renaming process can be done only by the infra root, so what I
can do is to ask it to the infra root.
  All logins to these three channels can be redirected to
#openstack-neutron channel.

I don't think we need to rush it. I just try to move this forward gradually.

Akihiro Motoki (amotoki)