[all] stable/ocata gate failure

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Sep 14 05:19:19 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

If you have noticed that stable/ocata gate is blocked where 'legacy-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full/-*' job
is failing due to the latest Tempest changes.

Tempest started the JSON schema strict validation for Volume APIs which caught the failure or you can say
Tempest master cannot be used in Ocata testing. More details- https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1843762

As per the Tempest stable branch testing policy[1], Tempst does not support the stable/ocata (which is EM )in the
current development cycle. Current supported stable branches by Tempest are Queens, Rocky, Stein and Train-on-going.
We can keep using Tempest master on EM stable/branches as long as it run successfully and if it start failing which is current
case of stable/ocata then use Tempest tag to test that EM stable branch.

To unblock the stable/ocata gate, I am trying to install the Tempest 20.0.0(compatible version for Ocata) in ocata gate
- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/681950/
Fix is not working as of now (it still install Tempest master). I will debug that later (my current priority is for Train feature freeze).

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/tempest/latest/stable_branch_support_policy.html

-gmann