[tc][uc][meta-sig] How to help SIGs to have a better life? (Needs feedback for SIGs guideline)

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 15:39:27 UTC 2019

Hi all,

The question I would like to ask is, what else we can do here to help SIGs
to have a better life? What can we do from here? And is there any feedback
regarding on experience of participate a SIG or chairing one?

For some work in progress (or completed) actions:
I'm working on a guideline for SIGs (
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/SIGs-guideline ) because I believe it
might provide some value for SIGs, especially new-formed SIGs. Please
kindly provide your feedback on it. Will send a patch to update current
document under governance-sigs once we got good enough confident on it.

On the other hand, the reason I start this work is because we're thinking
`How to help SIGs to have a better life?`
There're some actions I can think of and the most easier answers are to get
SIGs status, update guidelines and explain why we need SIG in general.
So actions: I'm working on SIG guideline (
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/SIGs-guideline ) and document `Comparison
of Official Group Structures` ( https://review.opendev.org/#/c/668093/ ).
Also, reach out to SIGs earlier this year to collect help most needed
information for SIGs and WGs (
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DEN-help-most-needed-for-sigs-and-wgs )
Also, I know Belmiro Moreira (UC member) has reached out to SIGs too, so
there are some up to date information. I will try to put all the above
information together for share.

And now, back to the question, what can we do from here? Or is there any
other feedback?
Before I start to disturb everyone with crazy ideas in my mind, would like
to hear feedback from all of you.

Finally, feedback on SIG guideline is desired. Thanks!

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,

*Rico Lin*irc: ricolin