How to boot 2 VMs in openstack on same subnet?

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Wed Sep 11 14:50:03 UTC 2019

Greetings,

We use a few openstack public clouds for testing in the ansible project,
specifically using nodepool. We have a use case, where we need to boot 2
VMs on the same public subnet for testing reasons. However, the majority
of the clouds we are using, do not have a single subnet for their entire
public IP range. Up until now, we boot the 2 VMs, then hope they land
on the same subnet, but this isn't really efficient.

Basically looking to see if there is a better way to handle this either
via openstacksdk or some other configuration we need cloud side.

Also note, we'd like to do this with public provider network (which we
don't have control over) and avoid using private network for now.

Paul