[tc] monthly meeting summary

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Tue Sep 10 14:14:13 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

The TC held it’s monthly meeting on the 5th of September 2019 and this
email provides a summary of that meeting.

We contacted Alan to mention that TC will have some presence at the
Shanghai leadership meeting alongside other OSF projects on November
3rd, so the day before the summit.

Rico is currently working on an etherpad to update SIG guidelines to
simplify the process for new SIGs. Once the draft version is done,
they will ask SIG chairs to join in the editing part.  We still have
to contact interested parties for a new ‘large scale’ SIG so we will
follow up again on that action item in the next meeting.

Graham is currently in the process of testing the code in order to
make the proposal bot for propose project-template patches for
specific releases.

We’re working on adding some forum sessions ideas for the TC and we’ve
got volunteers in the forum selection committee.

Thierry finished making goal selection a two-step process and it's been merged.

There are a few projects that lacked a PTL elected, we’ve discussed
the following points for each:
- Cyborg: Sundar self-nominated but only on the mailing list,
therefore we will appoint them.
- Designate: The developers who have expressed interest didn’t have
commits, so Graham will sync with both of them to see how if can make
it work.
- OpenstackSDK: Monty might have missed the notice since they were
traveling so Thierry will reach out to him to see if they want to take
it again or has suggestions.
- I18n: Ian Y. Choi expressed interest but couldn’t run because they
were an election official.
- {PowerVM,Win}stackers: The code and review activity was quiet and
they missed election twice in a row so we proposed to remove them from
project teams list and if they want to continue they can as a SIG.
- Placement: we are trying to find someone to volunteer by reaching
out to Placement and Nova team.

We started discussing a change in the process for release names and
the rest of that discussion carried over into office hours.

I hope that I covered most of what we discussed, for the full meeting
logs, you can find them here:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2019/tc.2019-09-05-14.00.log.html

Thanks!

Regards,