[goal][python3] Train unit tests weekly update (goal-1)

Corey Bryant corey.bryant at canonical.com
Fri Sep 6 13:30:20 UTC 2019

This is the goal-1 weekly update for the "Update Python 3 test runtimes for
Train" goal [1].
There is only 1 week remaining for completion of Train community goals [2].

== How can you help? ==

If your project has failing tests please take a look and help fix. Python
3.7 unit tests will be self-testing in Zuul.
Failing patches: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:python3-train
+status:open+(+label:Verified-1+OR+label:Verified-2+)

If your project has patches with successful tests please help get them
merged.
Open patches needing reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:python3
-train+is:open

Patch automation scripts needing review:
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/666934

== Ongoing Work ==

We're down to 8 projects with failing tests that need fixing, and 3
projects with successful tests that should be ready to merge. I've been
working to contact PTLs for these projects to help finish them up.

Thank you to all who have contributed their time and fixes to enable
patches to land!

== Completed Work ==

All patches have been submitted to all applicable projects for this goal.
Merged patches: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:python3-train
+is:merged

== What's the Goal? ==

To ensure (in the Train cycle) that all official OpenStack repositories
with Python 3 unit tests are exclusively using the
'openstack-python3-train-jobs'
Zuul template or one of its variants (e.g.
'openstack-python3-train-jobs-neutron')
to run unit tests, and that tests are passing.

This will ensure that all official projects are running py36 and py37 unit
tests in Train.

For complete details please see [1].

== Reference Material ==

[1] Goal description: https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/train/
python3-updates.html
[2] Train release schedule: https://releases.openstack.org/train
/schedule.html (see R-5 for "Train Community Goals Completed")
Storyboard: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005924
Porting to Python 3.7:
https://docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.7.html#porting-to-python-3-7
Python Update Process: